The Counselling Membership Group is still under development and we are hoping to have this available soon.
At this stage this membership group is for-profit, but the intention is to migrate to a non-for-profit association once it is registered appropriately.
The Counselling Membership Group aims to offer:
- Supportive and Collaborative Networks;
- Confidential Advice and Mentoring;
- Government Lobbying and Consultation;
- Professional Development Seminars and Activities;
- Provide Access to Industry Focused Resources; and
- Industry Focused Workshops.
We believe that counsellors are under-represented and lack recognition in the psychology industry.
Our goal is to push for validation for counsellors who are working members of the psychology industry and lobby for access to an approved Medicare Rebate.
This group aims to be a meeting place for counsellors who wish to focus on recovery rates and professional development with a client focused approach.
It is focused on driving the best outcomes for both members and clients as both are important beneficiaries from a stronger counselling industry.